The U.S. staffing industry is growing at a near record rate. Since the official end of the Great Recession in 2009, the staffing agency sector has added millions of jobs and has been one of the largest reasons for the economy’s resurgence. Staffing companies are ideal for a wide range of businesses because of their ability to save time and money filling employee vacancies, while also offering unmatched recruiting expertise. If you aren’t already working with a staffing firm, here are 10 reasons why you should immediately contact one to begin a partnership.
- Get Better Candidates: Too often, recruiting efforts focus on attracting a large pool of applicants rather than focusing on attracting the best candidates. A staffing company knows how to sift through all of the unqualified and unfit applicants to quickly generate a short list of high-quality candidates who can hit the ground running.
- Deeper Pool of Candidates: Because a staffing company only focuses on recruiting, interviewing and hiring, they will naturally have a deeper pool of potential candidates to choose from, even before conducting a search. An experienced staffing firm will have a candidate database of dozens of highly-qualified potential applicants who are searching for jobs.
- Quicker Hires: A reputable staffing firm has experienced recruiters who know how to cut down the time from initial recruitment to hire. When you need a position filled immediately, your best bet is to choose a company that does nothing but recruit and hire employees all day, every day.
- Performance Guarantee: Normally, if you hire an employee who does not work out, you are stuck with the task of having to find another worker, while also reinvesting in the recruiting process. With an industry-standard guarantee from a staffing firm, they would be responsible for finding a suitable replacement free of charge.
- Focus on Your Business: Every time you need to hire a person, you must deviate time away from your everyday business operations to focus on recruiting, creating job descriptions and conducting interviews. A staffing agency allows you to concentrate on other needs while they focus on filling your vacancies.
- Temporary or Permanent: Employment flexibility is one of the largest benefits of working with a staffing firm. Whether you need workers for 10 days, three months or over the long-haul, a staffing agency will be able to help you meet any workforce demands.
- More Effective Job Descriptions: Staffing companies write dozens of job descriptions every week and are pros at doing this. While creating a job description may sound simple enough, it’s part art and part science. The right job description will target more highly-qualified candidates, limit applications from people without the right job skills and achieve higher rankings on search engines.
- Save Money: Depending on your workforce needs, it may not be budgetarily feasible to hire a full-time hiring manager – certainly not one with the reach and credibility of an entire agency. Rather than relying on a hiring department or recruitment managers, thus having to pay for office space, supplies, salaries and benefits, it’s much more cost-effective to just use a staffing agency when the need arises.
- More Access to Passive Candidates: Some of the best hires come from a pool of passive job seekers who may be interested in a new position if offered but are not aggressively pursuing anything. Staffing agencies make it a point to include passive candidates in searches, which may be too time consuming for in-house recruiting departments.
- Superior Market Knowledge: How difficult is the position to fill? What skills and experience should you require? Where do you reach the ideal candidates you need? How much should you offer and what are the career expectations? These questions and many others need to be answered in order to improve your recruiting results. A staffing company likely has a superior grasp of the employment market.
No matter the size of your company or the work it does, there’s a good chance that you could benefit greatly from partnering with a staffing company.
The temporary staffing industry appears to have a bright future. It is projected to grow 3 percent in 2017 and another 3 percent in 2018. There are also staffing agencies available for basically every possible type of industry. No matter the size of your company or the work it does, there’s a good chance that you could benefit greatly from partnering with a staffing company.
TPG Staffing has built an immaculate reputation for matching the right employees with the right companies for more than a decade. We pride ourselves on understanding the key skills that employers need and locating the ideal candidates to meet those needs. If you’d like to learn more about how we can help with your recruiting, contact us today at 732-246-7100.